Cake is a wonderful dessert for family or friends gathering. Here are two cakes recipes for you to enjoy.
If you like things that are sweet with a bit of a tang, the following low sugar cake recipe is the right one for you. It’s also healthy because it provides daily servings of dairy and vitamin C without too much sugar.
Ingredients (makes enough cake to fill an 8 x 8 cake pan)
9 ounces of yellow cake mix
½ ounce of instant vanilla pudding mix (sugar free)
1 ½ ounces of instant lemon pudding mix
1 ¼ cup of water
2 egg whites (jumbo eggs)
¼ teaspoon of lemon extract
4 ounces of light frozen whipped topping (thawed).
1/3 cup of skim milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray the 8 x 8 inch cake pan with a non-stick spray.
3. Mix the cake and pudding mix into a large bowl, then pour in the water and egg whites. Beat on low for 1 minute, then high for 4 minutes until airy and light.
4. Pour batter into the 8 x 8 inch cake pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Cake will be done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Once the cake is done, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature.
6. While the cake is cooling, mix milk, lemon extract and vanilla pudding mix together; then beat on low for 2 minutes.
7. Fold the whipped topping into the milk and lemon extract mix. Spread this topping over the lemon cake once it has cooled to room temperature.